In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The primary aim of IQAC is
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- 1.Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- 2.The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- 3.Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- 4.Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- 5.The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- 6.Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- 7.Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.